It’s been a crazy week for Seth Rogen, who has been under fire for making some disparaging remarks about the new box office hit “American Sniper” via Twitter.
The “Pineapple Express” stud seemingly compared the Chris Kyle flick to Nazi propaganda, stating that. “American Sniper kind of reminds me of the movie that’s showing in the third act of Inglorious Basterds.”
They both made controversial statements on social media about the newly-released box office smash hit “American Sniper,” and now Michael Moore and Seth Rogen have issued new statements in an attempt to quell the backlash they’ve received.
After calling snipers “cowards,” the “Roger and Me” filmmaker unsuccessfully tried to distance himself from the remark- “Hmm. I never tweeted 1word bout AmericanSniper/ChrisKyle. I said my uncle killed by sniper in WWII; only cowards would do that 2 him, others.”
Following a $15 million holiday run, “The Interview” has now released one last red band trailer for all to enjoy. The Sony Pictures production was initially pulled from its Christmas Day debut, but ended up opening in independent theaters as well as several VOD options.
As of this week, “The Interview” is now playing in 331 theaters and can be rented or purchased over the internet through iTunes and various other websites.
On Sunday (December 28) the “Pineapple Express” costars shared behind-the-scenes info and plenty of spoilers during their social media stint. Rogen wrote, “It's at this point that I gotta say that it's f—king weird I'm watching this on TV right now. #TheInterview.”
It seems that the Guardians of Peace hackers have won the war on Sony Pictures, as the company announced today that “The Interview” won’t be hitting theaters on Christmas. Per a statement from the studio, it is in everyone’s best interests to pull the film, especially considering that so many theaters have already voiced concern.
A Sony spokesperson explained, “In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release.”
Earlier in the day, the Guardians of Peace organization warned moviegoers to avoid the screening and also advised nearby residents to vacate their homes. Furthermore, Franco and Rogen have pulled out of appearances on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” “Watch What Happens Live,” and “Late Night with Seth Meyers.”
“We moved in together after a year, basically, and in 2010 I proposed to Lauren when she was changing in our closet. I had more elaborate plans, but once I got the ring, I felt like I had a nuke hidden in my garage, and I had to unload it. She was not entirely clothed at the time. I got down on one knee, and she said yes, and then we ate buffalo wings and watched Top Chef. It was a great night. We got married in 2011.”
Kicking off the weekend a little bit early, James Franco and Seth Rogen showed up at the The Theatre at Ace Hotel Downtown LA last night (December 11).
The “Pineapple Express” costars were in the house to drum up interest in their controversial new movie “The Interview,” and they received a warm welcome from fans and shutterbugs. Meanwhile, security was beefed up at the event given the North Korean threats against Rogen, Franco, Sony and pretty much anyone else who doesn’t agree with the communist country.
He always seems to get lucky in life, and Seth Rogen recently experienced a once-in-a-lifetime listening party for Kanye West's new album.
The “Pineapple Express” star told Rolling Stone, “Me and my wife had gotten some dessert and were in the lobby getting plates to bring back to our room…And Kanye was like, ‘What are you guys doing? Want to hear my new album?’”