Prince Harry "shut down all his emotions" when his mother Princess Diana died 20 years ago.
The 32-year-old royal was just 12 years old when he lost his mother in 1997 after she was tragically killed in a car crash in Paris, France, at the age of 36, and has admitted he almost suffered a "complete breakdown" as he grew up determined not to think about the loss.
He said: "I can safely say that losing my mum at the age of 12, and therefore shutting down all of my emotions for the last 20 years, has had a quite serious effect on not only my personal life but my work as well.
"I have probably been very close to a complete breakdown on numerous occasions when all sorts of grief and sort of lies and misconceptions and everything are coming to you from every angle."
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle enjoyed an after-hours date at the Natural History Museum in London on Sunday (03.19.17).
The 32-year-old royal and the 'Suits' actress, who have been dating since mid-2016, enjoyed a romantic trip to the world-famous landmark - which Meghan has always wanted to visit - after it had been vacated by other day-trippers.
A source said: "Meg had always wanted to go so Harry arranged a private visit. It's quite romantic after dark as all the exhibits, including the dinosaurs, are all still lit up. And of course, they had it to themselves."
Joining with the French to mourn the soldiers who gave their lives, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge showed up at an overnight memorial for the Battle of the Somme at the Thiepval Memorial to the Missing in Northern France today (July 1).
Joined by Prince Harry, William and Kate looked somber as they commemorated the 100th anniversary of the historic battle, though Ms. Middleton managed to also show off her stylish side in a black and white Missoni coat and a black pillbox hat.
They’re the pride of the British Royal Family, and over the weekend Prince George and Princess Charlotte put on quite a show at their great grandmother’s birthday celebration.
Though Queen Elizabeth II was the guest of honor, Prince William and Kate Middleton’s kiddos definitely received the lion’s share of the attention, all dressed up in their formal finery as they checked out the swanky scene.
She turned 90 years old on April 21st, and today (June 10) Queen Elizabeth II was honored with a fancy birthday service at London’s St. Paul’s Cathedral.
The British monarch was joined by her grandsons Prince William and Prince Harry as well as Duchess Kate Middleton, Prince Charles, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and of course her husband Prince Philip as she milled about in her primrose yellow ensemble by Angela Kelly.
Every guy wants his own lightsaber, and it just so happens that Prince Harry and Prince William were able to use their royal connections to score a visit to the set of “Star Wars: Episode VIII” on Tuesday (April 19).
The handsome heirs received a tour of the grounds by actress Daisy Ridley, whereupon they met Mark Hamill and director Rian Johnson. Oh, and they played with lightsabers!
Looking to broaden the reach of his Paralympic-style event, Prince Harry has chosen Toronto, Canada as the site of the 2017 Invictus Games.
The crimson-haired heir to the British Throne posted a video message on Wednesday (March 16) to share the news- "I always hoped the Invictus story would continue after the London games. And having seen so many new people benefit from their journey to Orlando this year, I definitely didn't want it to end here. So today, I am absolutely delighted to announce that the Invictus legacy will continue when Toronto hosts the third Invictus Games in September 2017."