Prince's ex-wife Mayte Garcia claims the singer burned their late son's ashes.
The 43-year-old dancer's son Amiir passed away at six-days-old in 1996 after being born with rare genetic disorder Pfeiffer syndrome type 2 and Mayte has claimed the 'Purple Rain' hitmaker - who died in April 2016 from an accidental Fentanyl overdose - asked his assistant to burn the ashes of their late son in a bid to "cauterise this deep wound he couldn't close".
Writing in her memoir, 'The Most Beautiful: My Life with Prince', she shared: "In some sad, painful moment, he had it all burned, as if fire could cauterise this deep wound he couldn't close. I wasn't there to witness it, and I can't bear to think about it now."
Meanwhile, Mayte previously admitted she doesn't think Prince ever got over their son's death.
She said: "I don't think he ever got over it. I don't know how anybody can get over it. I know I haven't."
Amiir was born via caesarian section and Mayte had to watch on as Prince's face went from "pure joy" to "pure terror".
She recalled: "I don't know how to describe the look on my husband's face. Pure joy. And then they held the baby up to those harsh lights. The elation on my husband's face turned to pure terror.
"Pfeiffer syndrome type 2 is a genetic disorder that causes skeletal and systematic abnormalities. The premature fusing of the bones in the skull, sometimes resulting in 'cloverleaf skull,' in which the eyes are outside the sockets. The fusion of bones in the hands and feet causing a webbed or pawlike appearance ... I learned all of this later.
"They brought the baby over to us. He was curled on his side, gasping shallow little gulps of air. Because there were no lids to blink, his eyes looked startled and dry. I caught hold of his tiny hand, saying over and over, 'Mama loves you, Mama's here.'"
She was on Prince's plane when it suddenly touched down on April 15th so the late musician could receive emergency medical attention, and now Judith Hill has broken her silence about the ordeal.
In a new interview with the New York Times, the longtime friend/fellow musician explained that she was having dinner with the “Purple Rain” singer when he fell unconscious- "We knew it was only a matter of time; we had to get down. We didn't have anything on the plane to help him."
As more details emerge about the tragic demise of Prince , his reps have told press that he was seeking help for substance addiction right up until he died.
Attorney William Mauzy, a lawyer for addiction specialist Dr. Howard Kornfield, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that his client agreed to see the “Raspberry Beret” singer because he “was dealing with a grave medical emergency.”
Continuing the investigation into the untimely death of pop star Prince , Carver County police have secured a search warrant that will allow them access to his Minnesota home.
According to the documents, the cops will keep the contents of the warrant confidential to avoid “premature disclosure of the details provided in the search warrant and its accompanying documents as they may compromise this law enforcement investigation by causing the search or related searches to be unsuccessful."
Further details are now emerging about the tragic demise of Prince , including the fact that he had an undisclosed amount of prescription painkillers on his person when he died.
Per a sheriff’s statement, the “Let’s Go Crazy” crooner’s death investigation will now come under the authority of the Drug Enforcement Administration to determine the origin of his medication and which prescriptions he had been issued.
As the world continues to mourn the tragic death of Prince , reports are beginning to surface regarding his emergency hospitalization on Friday, April 15th.
As previously reported by the GossipCenter, the “Diamonds and Pearls” singer had his private jet make an emergency landing in Illinois while flying from Georgia to Minnesota, and at the time his publicist told press that he was suffering from the flu.