After gaining millions of admirers on her owner's Twitter account, Kim Kardashian's kitten suddenly passed away.
The reality diva announced the news on her blog on Friday, saying, "It is with deep sadness that I have to tell you all that my kitten, Mercy, has passed away. My heart is completely broken."
She went on to explain how she had to give Mercy away after discovering she was allergic to cats. The cat was given to her sister Khloe's assistant who recently lost her own cat.
Shortly after settling into her new home, the white Persian became ill. The 32-year-old star explained, "They discovered she had a stomach problem that we weren’t aware of. Her stomach had filled with fluid and the doctor said she had a rare stomach cancer and that there was nothing we could do for her."
Saddened for not only her cat, but her friend, Kim concluded with, "Mercy was a gentle and loving kitten and we are all going to miss her so much. Thanks to Sydney for making Mercy’s short life one filled with love. RIP Mercy Xo"