Bruce Springsteen was the boss of the concert business in 2003, raking in $115.9 million to rank second only to the Rolling Stones for the most money ever earned by a concert act in a year.
Wow, that's a lot of $$$! Way to go Bruce. He played 13 stadiums in the New York area alone.
I remember being 14 years old and going to see Bruce Springsteen in concert at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, Indiana. It was 1984, in the middle of the winter and we had 7th row center seats. It was awesome!!
You can read more of the story here. Celine Dion was number 2 for the year with her new Las Vegas show. (Which I really want to see!)
Here's the Top Ten List:
1. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, $115.9 million
2. Celine Dion, $80.5 million
3. Eagles, $69.3 million
4. Fleetwood Mac, $69 million
5. Cher, $68.2 million
6. Simon & Garfunkel, $64.5 million
7. Aerosmith/KISS, 64.0 million
8. Dixie Chicks, $60.5 million
9. Billy Joel/Elton John, $50.9 million
10. "Summer Sanitarium Tour" w/ Metallica, $48.8 million